Photo: “Sunrise – Spitzkoppe” by Malcolm Wilkie
You do not need to be an expert photographer to be a member of Photofold, all you need is a keen interest in photography.
People of all ages, whether beginner or experienced, are welcome.
We are a friendly club and our members have a wide range of experience in both film and digital mediums and are very pleased to share the benefit of this experience with other members to help them achieve more from their photography.
As a member of the East Anglian Federation of Photographic Societies we also meet with other clubs from the region in competition and so get to see the work that other photographers are producing.
Please note that copyright on photographic images displayed on this web site remain the property of, and are owned solely by, the author. Reproduction in any form is forbidden.
This month’s Images by Alan Jennings
To read the story behind three of this month’s images CLICK HERE
The photo titled "Front Cover" was the cover shot for the AJS & Matchless Owners Club 2016 Calendar. It was taken on Two Tree Island looking towards Southend Pier. The calendar sold reasonably well from a print run of 1000. Classic motorcycling is my main hobby to which photography takes second place.
The photo titled "Mosel Rowers" won the first DPI competition back in 2006, judged by Russell Lindsey, before DPI replaced colour slides. It was taken on a Konica Minolta Dimage A2 bridge camera which cost nearly £800 in 2004.
The photo titled "Grass Track Racer" was awarded 2nd place in the Jakes Trophy print competition.
PHOTOFOLD NOTICE BOARD
- 20th Feb The Law of Averages say……. Roger Hance FRPS AFIAP BPE5*
- 27th Feb Image selection CAPS comp Judged by Sarah Kelman ARPS DPAGB
- 6th Mar Presentation ‘Essex Wildlife Trust’ Graham Parry
- 13th Mar DPI Portfolio Competition Judged by Harold Mousley LRPS AFIAP
- 20th Mar ‘A bit of His and some of Hers’ Husband & Wife Presentation by Shirley Radden CPAGB EFIAP and Paul Radden LRPS DPAGB EFIAP PSA2*